Physical Literacy and Sports Development Project Manager with 8+ years experience in business development and digital marketing. I collaborate with sport professionals and physical health educators to design innovative engagement campaigns. My personal mission is to motivate and inspire entire communities through physical literacy and sport development.
Throughout the years, I have had the opportunity to wear multiple hats picking up invaluable experience in management, administration, web development, technology, bookkeeping and marketing. I am not only used to wearing many hats, I sincerely enjoy it; I thrive in an environment where no two workdays are exactly the same.
Exceptionally equipped in physical literacy and sport development. One of my recent projects included managing over 600 Elementary schools across Canada for the 60 Minute Kids’ Club, a Canadian NPO. I had the opportunity to lead collaborative and creative campaigns promoting physical literacy and health solutions for children and youth. In doing so, we assisted school communities with creating healthier environments for students, parents, and school staff across Canada.
I believe in applying the same level of enthusiasm and attention to detail to all tasks. From preparing for top-level meetings to following up with prospects, I take pride in executing daily tasks and being highly proficient. Furthermore, I am dedicated to continuously growing personally and professionally. At the moment I am studying for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification and planning to be PMP certified by July of 2017.
Looking for sport and physical literacy strategies?
Physical literacy is the motivation, confidence, physical competence, knowledge and understanding to value and take responsibility for engagement in physical activities for life. Drop me a message to find out more about physical literacy and how to promote it in your community.
Book a Physical Literacy consult or workshop today. Email email@example.com.
Results oriented, high-achiever with exceptional enthusiasm and leadership qualities. Strong capabilities in creating, planning, and organizing sporting activities for all age groups and levels of abilities. Enjoy working in groups and easily adapt to fast paced, changing environments. Previous experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Physical Literacy
- Sports Development
- Program Management
- Digital Marketing
- Business Development
- Web Development
Sept. 2006- Aug. 2010 | Bachelor of Physical & Health Education, University of Toronto, St. George Campus
– Unique multidisciplinary program combines academic courses in human movement and its relationship to health.
Dec. 2016 – In progress | Project Management Professional (PMP)®
– The most important industry-recognized certification for project managers.
July 2016 – Jan. 2017 | The Starter Company Program, Enterprise Toronto
– Training, advice and mentoring on business management, marketing, and related support services.
Sept. 2011 | Hootsuite Professional Certification
– Trained to help you utilize social media software tools to enhance your online communications and marketing strategy.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND DIGITAL MARKETING TOOLS AND SKILL SET EXPERIENCE
- Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- Adobe Photoshop
- Digital Marketing and SEO: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn Google Analytics and Adwords, etc.
- SLACK (collaboration tools and business apps)
- Mailchimp and Constant Contact (email marketing service)
- Godaddy, Hostgator, WordPress (web development)
- Hootsuite, Crowdfire, and Iconosquare (social media marketing)
- ASANA (project management system)
- Salesforce (customer relationship management)
Director of Marketing Campaigns and Special Projects, Physical Literacy
January 2015 – Present, Toronto, ON
Providing workshops to develop Physical Literacy Communities. Health promotions and developing community engagement initiatives that support the implementation and uptake of physical literacy. Physical Literacy and Health Strategic Consulting, including community planning & strategy development. Brand development, web site traffic growth, web site UI and advertising revenue. Developed brand strategy and statistics systems.
CEO & Founder, JAMFITNESS
October 2010 – Present, Toronto, ON
At JAMFITNESS we motivate and inspire entire communities to get excited about their Health and Physical Literacy Strategies. We do this by collaborating with health professionals and educators to create impactful change in the communities we serve. Whether clients are returning to exercise after a layoff, managing an injury, or looking to take their program to the next level, we take into consideration and acknowledge their challenges while leading them to their personal victory.
Manager of Sport, Recreation & Community Outreach, Abilities Centre
January 2017 – March 2017, Toronto, ON
– Program development, delivery, and operations
• Create strong and mutually beneficial partnerships with like- minded individuals and organizations including Olympic, Paralympic and Special Olympic sports, in order to recruit and facilitate provincial, national and international training and competition opportunities at Abilities Centre
• Develop and manage fully integrated and inclusive sport and recreation programs utilizing the Long Term Athlete Development model
– Program development, delivery, and operations
– Administration and Financial Management
Director of Business Development, Open Sports
September 2016 – Dec. 2016, Toronto, ON
OpenSports creates a seamless engagement experience that unites communities of recreational sport players and amateur athletes around the world.
– Improve Open Sport’s market position and achieve growth in users.
– Define long-term organizational strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
– Work with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities to facilitate financial growth.
– Help manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive.
– Provide presentations on innovative tech solutions and services that promote sport development and physical literacy.
Central Canada Manager, 60 Minute Kids’ Club
January 2012 – June 2016, Toronto, ON
The 60 Minute Kids’ Club (60MKC) was a collaborative movement designed to to entrench physical literacy and healthy habits in children aged 5-14. As a founding member, I was not just the central manager but also gatekeeper, technology whiz, bookkeeper and marketing guru. My most rewarding accomplishment was being team lead in managing over 600 Elementary schools across Canada. In doing so, I got the opportunity to Implement collaborative and creative campaigns to promote physical literacy and health solutions to over 80,000 students.
Faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education, University of Toronto
BKIN Pratica Curriculum Instructor
February 2011 –2012, Toronto, ON
The Practica (PRA) curriculum is an integral component of the education of B.P.H.E., B.KIN. and CTEP students.
Professional Placement Mentor
Oct. 2013 – May 2016 Toronto, ON
Professional placements are conducted as a component of upper year KPE academic courses (KPE350Y/450Y). As elective courses offered through the Faculty of Kinesiology & Physical Education, these courses aim to enable students with the practical tools necessary to succeed in a professional career setting.
Tommy Europe, Fitness Guru, Motivational Speaker, Corporate Wellness Consultant, Author, Former Pro Sports Athlete
“Antonio is an excellent team member and fitness instructor. Assisting with my SHRED Bootcamp on multiple occasions as an Instructor he was enthusiastic and motivational. His knowledge and experience insured participants of SHRED Bootcamp were assisted with their exercises and provided modifications when needed. His energy propped everyone up, which reflects the motivating person that he is. I would recommend his fitness services any day, and look forward to working with him again!”
Michael Silverberg, Global Talent Management Professional
“I would highly recommend Antonio as a personal trainer. His training programs are challenging, personalized and he is very flexible in terms of schedule as well as the program design itself. Antonio has a great attitude and helps push you to the next level, both in fitness and nutrition. Most of all he is very positive about fitness and helps motivate his clients to reach their goals.”
Ariel Benibgui, Marketing Manager at Smucker Foods of Canada Corp.
“Antonio developed a plan to meet my fitness goals and helped me achieve them through his knowledge and experience. He kept things interesting and was well organized, and his friendly demeanor and positive reinforcement were a constant source of motivation.”
Tim Kennedy, Commercial Real Estate Investment and Leasing
“I can’t say enough about Antonio. He is a friend as well as a great service provider. Antonio trained me for about 6 months and provided me numerous tools to succeed. I’ve been in the gym 3-4 times a week in a productive manor ever since. I highly recommend his services related to health, fitness, and motivation.”
Nicola Krishna, Media Relations Professional
“Antonio is a dedicated champion of your cause. Driven to get results, he is not only a constant and positive cheerleader, but an honest expert in his field. Working with Antonio never felt like “work”. Not that he won’t push you to your limits physically, but his fun and outgoing personality makes you almost forget all the hard work you are putting in. I would recommend Antonio to anyone seeking a trainer who truly goes above and beyond.”
Skills & Endorsements